The R.P.A is a club that will only tolerate the highest standards from it's members. Having clear rules is important, so we can ensure that our fish stocks are safe and healthy and so all anglers can enjoy their fishing.
Please take time to carefully read the rules of each venue in the section below before going fishing.
If anyone is found breaking the rules at any time you may be required to stand before the committee and explain your actions. The committee reserves the right to revoke membership if deemed necessary.
We do our best to look after all waters but we can't guarantee that there will be committee member or bailiff around all day everyday so please be vigilant and report anything you feel necessary through the contact us page on this website.
Be respectful of the fish, other anglers, and our bailiffs and enjoy your fishing!
The rules outlined below are for those fishing for Carp
Day tickets no longer sold.
1. Rod and line licenses are required.
2. Maximum of 4 rods.
3. All members to carry medi carp, klinik or something similar.
4. A large unhooking mat or carp cradle must be carried at all times.
5. No leaders of any kind to be used under any circumstances.
6. Mainline must be a minimum of 15 lbs.
7. Barbed and micro barbed hooks only.
8. No braided mainline to be used, (hook lengths and spod / marker only)
9. Braided line can be used for pike fishing.
10. NO bait boats to be used under any circumstances.
11. ALL LANDING NETS MATS AND SLINGS MUST BE DIPPED IN TANKS BEFORE FISHING FOR AT LEAST 5 MINUTES.
12. No litter of any description to be left in or around the lake and must be taken away when fishing is finished. As we do not own the lake and only rent it, its paramount that we leave no signs of litter. This will be checked when people end there session and we will pass this information on too other lakes if this rule is broken.
13. Bivvies must be set up in in designated peg areas, and you must be no further than 1 peg away from your live rods at any time and only if carrying a tested receiver.
14. No bivvies to be set up within 15 meters either side of jet-ski ramps.
15. No dogs, loud radios, guns, swimming, drugs, heavy drinking, or behavior likely to affect other lake users.
16. Jet skiers and swimmers have priority when using the lake.
17. No fishing on race days and you must be off the lake by 9am on the morning of a race day.
18. Persons fishing at the racecourse lake do so at their on risk, the club can not be held responsible for any accident and / or injury to anglers or their possessions, however caused, whilst at the lake. It is the anglers responsibility to insure they are protected and aware of the dangers of fishing before entering the fisheries.
19. All particles must be cooked thoroughly, and will be checked at any time, please ask if in doubt.
20. Please do not be offended if rig checks are carried out, as these will be done on a regular basis.
21. GRASS RULES : On arrival to the lake you must under no circumstances drive on the track other than the crossing to the lake , stick to the gravel track. Signed areas will be clearly marked and no cars under any circumstances must go past these signs. Please note we cannot drive around the lake and a barrow will be required to fish areas beyond the signs. Parking behind your pegs is aloud on the roadside in dry conditions, if wet and boggy conditions use common sense and do not drive on the grass, when there is a likelihood of becoming stuck or damaging the grass. The barrier will be put up to stop access up the track in these conditions and a barrow will be required to fish.
BBQ's are allowed but must be raised off the grass at all times.
22. LAKE CLOSURES :
The lake will be closed when there are signs of spawning fish and will be reopened when spawning is complete , please be sure to check before turning up to fish and if any doubt of this please don't hesitate to check with us. If spawning occurs when fishing you must reel in and stop fishing.
23. THE HIGHEST POSSIBLE STANDARD WILL BE EXPECTED FROM ALL, THESE ARE COMMON SENSE RULES PLEASE ABIDE BY THEM. ANYONE BREAKING THESE RULES WILL BE REQUIRED TO LEAVE THE LAKE IF INFORMED TO DO SO.
Jamie Bland 07739735571 (7am-10pm)
Peter Young 07989442210 (7am-10pm)
Lee Young No contact available
Occasionally assisted by Nathan Proctor.